Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Couch to 5k Week 3 Day 1 and Zumba

Well the run last night was great.  It was rainy and cool but it made for a great run.  Every time it is getting a bit harder but I think I can make it.  The power of positive thinking and great motivation from Christy.  Back to it tomorrow night.

The foot is still giving me problems.  The plantar faciitis is not so bad but I have lots of inflamation on the top and side of my foot.  I had an xray last week and am waiting to find out from the doctor tomorrow if it is more than just overuse.  If that is what it is then I am going to just have to deal with the pain.  Also had a cortizone shot which doesn't seem to have made things better yet.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Zumba tonight was fantastic.  I did some old songs and two new songs.  I really liked the new ones but one of the girls wasn't thrilled with the fact that I added a country song.  It was fun and upbeat so I will be keeping it. 

Communtiy Fest is coming up this weekend so I will be very busy with stuff for the library and at home.  We have decided to do a garage sale at home so that will be crazy from Friday till Sunday and the library is doing lots of fun stuff so I will have to be over there a bunch also.  The float is going to be great again this year.  I will also be giving a half hour Zumba presentation at some point on Sunday.  If you are around and want to participate I say the more the better.

Reading is going well.  I am reading Scrawl right now which is about a bully.  Another one of the Teen Reads books.  I really think the kids will like this one.  Lots of kids will relate to this book.  Will give my final verdict after I complete it.

Lastly I am going to try to get back to a gluten-free diet.  My stomach has been hating me so much lately from all of the bread and pasta.  It is going to be hard but I think the kids and Jon will keep me on track.  I think this is a great time of the year to get back on track.  With all of the running and Zumba I have my motivation now just need to find my will power. 

Night.  Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment